If you’ve ever had major car troubles that necessitate new parts, you know you basically have two options. You can buy brand-new parts that come direct from the manufacturer, or you can purchase like-new remanufactured parts for a hefty discount. This same idea holds true if your diesel engine needs to be totally replaced. You can buy a new engine, or you can have your existing engine rebuilt. The choice is yours at Purrformance Diesel—we can install a new engine, or rebuild your current one! Here are a few things to think about if you’re considering our diesel engine rebuilding service in Fredericktown, OH.
What does a diesel engine rebuild consist of?
Before we get too deep into the topic of rebuilt engines, it’d be helpful to know what all goes into rebuilding a diesel engine. The first step of diesel engine rebuilding service in Fredericktown, OH is inspection. We must pore over the whole engine to see what problems we’re dealing with. Next, we remove and clean all of the parts that need to be fixed. Then we re-bore and hone places that have experienced excessive wear and tear. Finally, we start rebuilding the engine from the ground up. We can use either remanufactured parts or new parts for this step. After all of that, we test it to make sure we fixed everything correctly.
Pros of diesel engine rebuilds
Here are some of the pros related to rebuilding diesel engines:
- Rebuilds are like new: The differences between a rebuilt engine and a brand new engine are negligible. If a diesel engine is properly rebuilt, you’ll have the same fuel efficiency and all of the horsepower as someone with a new engine.
- Rebuilds are cost efficient: The price of a rebuilt engine, even with labor, is far less expensive than if you were to buy and install a totally new engine. If you’re repairing your car on a tight budget, rebuilding the engine is a much better option than buying a new one.
- Rebuilds are better for the environment: The amount of energy, steel and other raw materials it takes to create a diesel engine is staggering. Having one of our technicians rebuild your engine eliminates the need to make a new engine, saving a lot of natural resources and producing less waste.
Cons of diesel engine rebuilds
At the same time, it’s important to recognize the cons involved in rebuilding diesel engines, including:
- Rebuilds take time: As you can imagine, rebuilding an entire engine can take a whole lot of time. Being without a car for an extended period of time can be a real drag and make life quite a bit more difficult. If you need to get your car back on the road ASAP, a new engine might be the best option for you.
- Rebuilds can be difficult: Rebuilding a diesel engine isn’t an easy task, even for our experienced professionals! The more challenging the engine, the more likely something could go wrong.
Give Purrformance Diesel a call today to find out if our diesel engine rebuilding service in Fredericktown, OH is right for you and your vehicle.