It’s all any diesel vehicle owner can do to stretch a tank of gas and make sure they’re getting the best mileage possible after each and every fill up. But sometimes being easy on the gas and keeping up with regular maintenance will only get you so far and you’ll find yourself capped out at a certain fuel economy, with no foreseeable way to improve it. For these situations, you’re going to have to start thinking outside of the box.
Performance diesel parts in Fredericktown, OH and other aftermarket products are a great way to tweak your vehicle to get the very best out of it—whether it’s more torque, better air intake or something else altogether. And for those concerned about fuel economy, there are a slew of aftermarket and performance parts that can be implemented to make every gallon count on the road. Take a look at five performance diesel parts in Fredericktown, OH to keep your eye on if you’re in the market to save money and improve your vehicle’s diesel fuel economy:
- Performance chips: Having an aftermarket performance chip installed in your diesel vehicle is going to be the fastest and easiest way to pump out a few extra miles per gallon. While it may seem counterintuitive to install a component that amplifies power as a way to increase fuel economy, modern performance chips absolutely make sure that your fuel is utilized more effectively, presenting many drivers with a win-win situation.
- Cold air intakes: Everything your engine does requires energy and with a cold air intake in place, you’ll use less energy pulling in air, which in turn will put less strain on your engine. Less engine strain means better fuel economy! And, because cooler air is less dense, when your engine fires up, it’ll be more effective in consuming fuel, meaning you’re saving fuel all around.
- Exhaust systems: It may not seem like it, but a stock exhaust system can rob your engine of power and efficiency. If your engine is utilizing power to constantly force blow-by gasses out through your exhaust manifold, it’s going to be spending unnecessary energy in doing so. Larger exhaust systems with fewer bends and smoother curves are going to mitigate the amount of wasted energy by your engine, thus making them key performance diesel parts in Fredericktown, OH for optimal fuel economy.
- Water methanol injection: If you’re someone who utilizes the power of your diesel vehicle to frequently tow or haul larger payloads, water methanol injection is a must-have aftermarket component for improving fuel economy. With this product, you’ll safely improve your torque, horsepower and fuel economy, while simultaneously decreasing the overall temperature of exhaust gasses. It does this by reducing inlet air temps and allowing your diesel fuel to be more effectively utilized by the engine, thus reducing the amount of fuel required to achieve similar results with only stock components.
- Injectors and injection pumps: There’s something to be said for optimal fuel delivery to the engine and this all comes down to having the right injectors and injection pumps. Many aftermarket models come pre-calibrated for optimal injection standards and often last longer than stock parts, which can fail over time due to heavy usage.
Squeezing every last mile out of your diesel vehicle comes down to finding the right performance diesel parts in Fredericktown, OH. Start with any of the five listed above and you’ll be well on your way to making the most of your time at the pump!